Friday, October 10, 2014

Fashionably Late

 photo IMG_20141009_194117.jpg
The other day, i forgot about my friend's birthday and i had wanted to send her a card because she sent me one during my birthday. I purposely didn't wish her "happy birthday" on facebook or through messages because i wanted to make it seem like i had forgotten! haha.. Iyah, at least the card will arrive with more surprise element!

I picked a very cute sentiment from Amy R's birthday greetings stamp set to match with Gerda Steiner's Turtle digital stamp. Because turtles are slow moving that's why i choose this. If i had a snail stamp, i would use it too. Because SNAIL-MAIL!














For this card, i mixed 2 digital set from Gerda Steiner. "Take off Turtle with Birdie" and "Kitten in giftbag", using word document, i resize and crop them so as to fit the present onto the turtle.

 photo IMG_20141009_193807.jpg
So i enlarged the digital stamp set to be rather big, about 4" wide and printed it out.Colored it using copic markers and fussy cut it out. When I cut, I ignored the strings above and below the turtle. I will later on cover the string markings with twines.

 photo IMG_20141009_194237.jpg
I wrapped 3 rounds of twines around the turtle and using foam squares, i attached the turtle first.
Then using Paper Smooches Balloons die-cut i cut 2 balloons with white paper and copic colored it and 1 heart shape balloon with a piece of maroon colored felt.
I lay all the strings from the balloons down to the top of the turtle and used tape to adhere them (messily). Haha... yes, it was quite messy but thankfully the present is rather big, so i manage to hide the messy ends of twines behind the present.
If you notice the shimmer on the yellow ribbon... it is thanks to Clear Wink-A-Stella. :)


1 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Let me know what you were thinking when you read this post and you may leave a url for me to visit back. :)