Sunday, August 24, 2014

The Bunny Ear

 photo _MG_8606.jpg

As i have mentioned before, watercoloring is always a "Nahhhh...." for me. However, i recently watched a youtube video called "Bokeh Made Easy by Wplus9 Design" and i was so inspired and hyped to try this technique! Even though i do not have the traditional watercolor palettes, but i have Derwent Inktense Pencils which are used for watercoloring too!

So i used Poppy Red, Tangerine and Sun Yellow for my background! Instead of using circle stencils, i used the Tim Holtz Splatters Layering Stencil with Colorbox Frost White Pigment ink to create the white spots. Oh my my, i love this!

 photo _MG_8609.jpg
If you know your Honey Bunny stamp set well, you will know that the bunnies are either both ears down or both ears standing up. So what i did was, i masked off one of the drooped ear of the bunny sitting down and stamped. And then i stamp a propped up ear from another standing bunny over the image. Next, i fussy cut the image out and place it over a vellum circle with carrots on the ground. The grass was also watercolored and diecut with MFT Grass die.

As for the sentiment, i choose "I'll be here if you need a hug" from In My Heart Stamp set and mask off the word "hug" before stamping. Then i mask off all the alphabets, leaving the letter "n" to stamp after the "a" to make it "an". Lastly, i took the sentiment "I'm all ears!" from Honey Bunny Stamp set and mask all the lettering leaving the word "ear" only. Stamped it and got my custom-made sentiment!

So now, the bunny has a listening ear for someone who is feeling down!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Let me know what you were thinking when you read this post and you may leave a url for me to visit back. :)