Saturday, June 7, 2014

For The Good Times

 photo _MG_8073_2.jpg 
Recently I gave in to my temptations and purchased the Derwent Inktense Color Pencils. It is not cheap, as compared to my Classic Faber Castell color pencils and while i am trying to save up to get Prisma Color Pencils, Inktense was something extra if i had. So i purchased the box of 12 colors instead and happily skipped home.

The colors were sooooo vibrant and it needed some getting use to. The above image is by Wild Rose Studio and the grey was picked up with a wet paintbrush directly from the pencil tip. Had to use alot of water to water it down and lighten it. I actually added Clear Wink A Stella over the flowers but it is a pity my camera couldn't pick the shimmer up. The sentiment is from Mama Elephant "Thank You" stamp set.

 photo _MG_8115.jpg
Add a dot of glue in the middle of the Martha Stewart punch Butterfly to pop the wings up and give it a dimensional feel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Let me know what you were thinking when you read this post and you may leave a url for me to visit back. :)