I walked into Kinokuniya the other day and found myself standing infront of the crafting magazines. I didn't know which magazine to purchase so for the first time i purchased "Crafts Beautiful" magazine from UK. After reading, i still prefer learning my techniques via Youtube but magazines are a better companion on public transport. Anyway, i flipped open and i am glad i found a useful technique called "Shadow Box Card" and i insistently wanted to attempt the idea. And here i am with my first shadow box card! I really love it. Can't bear to give it away this xmas though! haha..
Anyway, i used this card to participate in the Maple Treehouse Xmas Challenge because the prizes are too delicious for me to miss out! So be nice and vote for my work, can? Would really appreciate it! More prizes won means i will make more layouts without spending so much! ;)
M3H sells very pretty colors flat pearls and i decided to use some of the pearls for my pretty tree. Plus i specially bought their star blings for my all my xmas tree cards! Bf says "This tree is tall because it can touch the star."
Embossed and popped the ornaments up to create the lights effect. Clear Embossed snowflakes and background distressed with Stormy Sky Distress Ink.
Simple ribbon plus MS Dolly Lace Punch
With a pretty outside, of course must have pretty inside lar!
Stamped lots of snowflakes around the corner to match the background of the shadow box.
Hope you guys have sent out your xmas cards and are planning the parties ahead!
Monday, December 19, 2011
- American Craft White Cardstock, Me & My Big Ideas "Mambi Sheets Pad", Bo Bunny "Noel Mini Edgy Album Paper Pad"
- Unity Stamps "Itty Bitty Ornament Season", Lawn Fawn "Harold's ABCs", Lawn Fawn "Making Frosty Friends" Stamp
- "Stormy Sky", "Shabby Shutters", "Forest Moss", "Vintage Photo" distress ink, VersaMagic "Night Sky", VersaMark
- Ranger Super Fine "Clear", Zing "Black" Embossing Powders, Perfect Pearls "Perfect Pearls"
- Martha Stewart "Dolly Lace" border punch
- MapleTreeHouse "Cherry Top" and "Emperor's Gold" Pearl embellishments and "Twinkle Star Crystal" Rhinestones
- Ranger "Eucalyptus" Stickers
- Normal Green Polyester Ribbon, "White" Pen, Watercolor Pencils