Monday, March 9, 2015

Turtley Great

 photo _MG_8899.jpg
Hi there! Thanks for dropping by today again to read my cardmaking process! I bet you have seen soooo many different amazing cards created with the "Late by with Love" clear stamp set but here i am today to share a different kind of card - called the Box Card! You can flatten this and mail it out without any issue!

I used the turtle, balloon, cupcake, candle, party hat and "Hope your day is turtley great" sentiment from the stamp set. The rest of the elements (e.g. cloud, birthday sentiment, background flowers etc) are from other brand's stamp and die set. The GSD clear stamp images are really easy to fussy cut out. If you are not a good cutter and tend to leave tiny white borders around it...... this is a solution: Grab a Momento black marker and use the brush tip to trace around the edges. Hold the cut image up and glide the brush tip around the sides.

The turtle and cupcakes were colored with Prisma ColorPencils and the balloon using Copic Markers. The only way i can color a Balloon nicely is to use Copic Markers, that's why i switched my coloring medium! I am not too sure if you have the same problem as me, but i can't use my Prisma Color and Watercolor to color faces and balloons. I can never get the correct shading/tone for it! Any tips for me girls?

 photo _MG_8900.jpg
Here is the side view of the box card. 3 layers inside. When you make a box card, make sure the images used are of different sizes and try to make some images (e.g. balloon, birds, clouds etc) to "float" at the top. This will create layer effects and bring your eyes around the top to bottom of the box card.

Till then, i will see you again in 2 weeks to share a new card with you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Let me know what you were thinking when you read this post and you may leave a url for me to visit back. :)